How can an entrepreneur get rid of decadent thoughts?
1. Do not leave the production. If you turned your hobby into a business, and the company began to grow rapidly, you most likely do not have to do your favorite business anymore. Now, instead of spending time at the lathe or embroidery, you have to follow the staff, optimize business processes, communicate with customers and go to presentations. This can cause apathy. Allocate two hours a day and dedicate them entirely to production. The joy of doing things you love will be back.
2. Re-read old letters. Surely from time to time you receive letters from clients, partners, and colleagues thanking you for your cool work. Do not delete them, put them in a separate folder. In difficult times, when it seems to you that you are engaged in nonsense, you do not know how and have not achieved anything, these messages will help you regain faith in yourself.
3. Learn. If you are at a dead end – go to learn something. No matter what and how. Watch documentaries, listen to online lectures and participate in webinars on a variety of topics – from ancient art to neural networks. Your brain, beating on some task and not finding a solution, will continue to search for it in the background, even while you are considering a book on ornithology. The most unexpected things can provoke an insight and suggest a completely new idea.
4. Put yourself in order. It is known that the rush of endorphins occurs during sports. Depressed – start push-ups or squat, go for a jog, make it a rule to spend hour cardio training every day. It is important to start a good sleep, about half an hour a day to spend on the street – to get vitamin D from the rays of the sun. In addition, you need to drink more: water is necessary for the proper functioning of the brain, and dehydration is fraught with loss of concentration, headaches, irritability and fatigue. Drink two to three liters of water per day or train yourself to drink a glass of liquid every hour.
5. Minimize media activity. If you are emotionally depressed, try not to report this to everyone you meet and do not pour out your soul on the pages in social networks. Not because customers and partners will read and scatter (although they can do so). As a rule, friendly cheers or calls “Old man, pull yourself together!” Act the opposite: you are only more upset. Speeches at conferences in a depressed state are likely to fail and exacerbate the situation. So it will be better to send a deputy instead. Do not read the biographies of successful businessmen – you risk falling into a deep depression, comparing yourself with them.
6. Think of a former boss. You started your own business in order not to depend on anyone. Think of the times when you were not the master of the situation, and the decisions were made by another person – your boss or shareholder. Do you have a desire to return to this state of affairs?
7. Find a good performer. Some entrepreneurs perfectly know how to launch projects one after another, invent new ideas, inspire professionals, bring them together and make them work with each other. Such people are often unable to scrupulously think through the development strategy of each project: they are bored with doing routine tasks that are more in the life of a businessman than it seems. If you are one of them – find a good manager for one company or sell it and create another.